2010 SKIN CANCER AWARENESS PROMOTIONS
ISPA members offering sun care treatments and products:
- Eminence Organic Skin Care - Eminence Sun Defense Minerals uses zinc oxide, giving your skin a weightless physical layer of non-chemical SPF 30 sun protection and imparts soothing anti-inflammatory properties; Organic fruits and herbs give natural sources of color and the added vitamins and nutrition fight the signs of aging, retailing for $58. The Summer Lovin' Collection includes: Tropical Vanilla Sun Cream SPF 32, for $68; Tropical Vanilla Body SPF 32, for $49; Aloe Mint Hydrating Cream Gel - Face, for $44; Aloe Mint Hydrating Cream Gel - Body, for $48; Hibiscus Calendula Recovery Masque, for $49. http://www.eminenceorganics.com/
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, Scottsdale, AZ - Hydrating and Soothing Facial uses mineral rich products to rescue skin in need of moisture and repairs dry, sensitive skin following exposure to the elements, including the sun. 80 minutes, $220
- The Grand Del Mar, San Diego, CA - The Luminous Facial includes a slow pressure point massage that incorporates botanical elements, enzyme exfoliants and nutrient-rich clay to heighten relaxation and induces a deep sleep-like state. This experience leaves the complexion bright and illuminated and is highly recommended for those with dry, sun-damaged or mature skin. 90 minutes, $270
- Grand Spa at MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - Chocolate Raspberry Anti-Aging Facial helps to correct sun damage while replenishing moisture. Anti-aging elements such as cocoa and fruit acids aid in skin regeneration and repair. This treatment is organic and free of chemical preservatives and parabens. 50 minutes, $185 Sunday - Thursday and $195 Friday - Saturday
- Nurture - The Spa at Luxor, Las Vegas, NV - TRUE Sun Escape Facial helps heal and repair sun-exposed skin. Using rose-, lavender- or chamomile-based products, the basics of skin care - cleansing, toning, mask and hydration - restores moisture and reduces redness. 50 minutes, $95 Monday - Thursday and $115 Friday - Sunday
- Sedona Rouge Spa, Sedona, AZ - The Desert Renewal an indigenous treatment is designed to protect and heal skin from the intense Arizona desert climate. The star herbal ingredient, Chapparal, is incorporated in to the Desert Renewal's volcanic ash scrub, native plant poultice wrap and healing butter massage. For the Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month of May, the 90 minute Desert Renewal treatment will be discounted $30.00 (reg. $190).
- Skin Authority - The Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 30 4**** is one of the first sunscreens to berecognized as having four stars by the FDA. In June, the Sunscreen will be FREE with the purchase of Wrinkle Reversing Serum for the Summer Defense DUO promotion. Skin Authorityalso encourages that people who want a glow, achieve it safely with Sunless Tanner. Skin Authority's Sunless Tanner does not have the odd smell that a lot of tanners posses, and it doesn't stain your sheets or clothes.
- Skin 2 SkinTM Care - Photoaging Repair Cream is certified organic and formulated with Kinetin N-6, a natural plant extract to create an effective anti-aging treatment that noticeably reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. A comprehensive treatment with essential oils of White Tea, Neroli, Orange, Spearmint, Lemon and Bergamot, it improves skin tone, texture and the overall balance and function of the skin. Preventing future UV damage and retaining up to 25 percent more moisture. Retailing for $85, http://www.skin2skincare.com/.
- The Spa at Charleston Place, Charleston, SC - I Will Reflect Melanoma Awareness and Prevention Initiative kicks off its third year raising funds to support skin cancer research at the Medical University of South Carolina. The spa will donate 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of $3 I Will Reflect bracelets. Also, 10 percent of the I Will Reflect Facial, $125 and I Will Reflect Body Treatment, $145 will be donated. Both treatments are discounted 25 percent when you wear the I Will Reflect bracelet from May 1-August 31.
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, FL - The Sun Ritual is a luxurious ritual to relaxyour body and nourish sun-bronzedskin.Drawing on natural ingredients indigenoustothe tropicsthis treatment combines healing aloe with Vitamin E-rich body oil and cooling banana leaves to skillfully cocoon the body. The face is massaged using a healing rose quartz to calm, repair and reduce water retention while the hydrating mask conditions the face and neck. A therapeutic scalp massage concludes the treatment along with a final application of cooling balm rich in lavender, leaving the skin calm and fresh. 80 minutes, $180 Monday-Friday and $200 Saturday-Sunday
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York, NY - The Vitamin Infusion Facial uses a patented formula of vitamins with polypeptides to help heal damaged skin. The innovative products used are created by the Somme Institute based on a scientific approach to delivering nutrients deep into the layers of the skin. The luxuriously nourishing treatment includes a refreshing cold stone facial massage that helps to defuse puffiness and redness, and a soothing mask to stimulate collagen re-growth. An indulgent foot or hand massage following the application of the mask completes the treatment. 1 hour, 20 minutes; $305
- The Spa at New York-New York, Las Vegas, NV - Environmental Escape is a full-body treatment using tropical dilo nut oil to work wonders on sunburns and other skin irritations. Vitamins A, C and E create a super-charged cocktail for the skin. 50 minutes, $125
- Spa La Quinta at La Quinta Resort & Club, La Quinta, CA - The Desert Sun Body Treatment utilizes the noni plant, known throughout the Caribbean and Polynesian Islands for its legendary healing powers, this soothing, healing element naturally nourishes, moisturizes and tightens the skin. To add to the experience, warm coconut milk is poured over the body and gently massaged in leaving skin that has been overexposed to the sun feeling refreshed and renewed. 50 minutes, $130
- SpaTerre at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, San Diego, CA - The Eco Escape Facial uses an organic blend of premium ingredients that moisturize, cleanse and purify to combat the effects of pollutants and sun exposure on the face leaving skin revitalized, oxygenated and glowing. 50 minutes, $120
- Xen-Tan - The Ultimate Luxury Set includes Dark Lotion Absolute Luxe to provide a dark sunless tan that is amazingly smooth. This breakthrough formula contains a deodorant for ZERO self-tanning processing odor. Face Tanner Luxe provides treatment and self-tan for face and throat. The Deluxe Mitt allows for the easiest self-tan application and the Body Sponge and Body Scrub prep skin perfectly. Retailing for $90 (originally $108). http://www.xen-tan.com/