Spa Treatments Featuring Alcohol Create A Festive St. Patrick's Day
LEXINGTON, Ky. - It doesn't matter if it's five o'clock or not because it's always happy hour when you're at the spa. In recognition of St. Patrick's Day many spas are incorporating alcohol into their treatment menus. It might sound odd but wine, beer and whiskey all have therapeutic benefits for your skin. These treatments will help you relieve stress, the No. 1 reason that people go to the spa worldwide, and have you coming back for another round in no time.
"Spas with local vineyards or nearby distilleries are taking advantage of what's around them to create memorable experiences for their guests," said International SPA Association President Lynne McNees. "Many people might not equate the spa with alcohol, but 23 percent of spas are incorporating local or indigenous elements into their treatment menu. Going to the spa is all about customizing your experience to meet your needs, and for some that includes a glass of wine."
Spa-goers will enjoy toasting these unique treatments whether celebrating St. Patty's Day or not:
- The Atlantic Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale, FL - The Citrus Suds Body Treatment includes a full citrus beer scrub, scalp massage, hair treatment that utilizes a beer extract, six-pack beer bath and an application of citrus lotion. Beer yeast is rich in elements that increase skin elasticity, improves acne by suppressing sebum and has been shown to have antibacterial properties. An 80-minute treatment for $222 through March 31, 2011.
- Caudalie Paris' Vinothérapie® Spa in a Bag limited edition kit includes a Merlot Friction Scrub, Vine Peach Shower Gel and a Vine Body Butter. When used together this regimen will help you regain a toned and firmed body. The kit retails for $56 and can be found online and at spas.
- Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, Sonoma, CA - When you're surrounded by wine country it's hard not to incorporate a little vino into your spa menu. The Chardonnay Olive Oil Sugar Scrub offers stimulating exfoliation that moisturizes while promoting new skin growth. The invigorating products used in the treatment are all hand made in the Sonoma Valley and incorporate olive oil, sea salt and lavender to awaken the mind, body and senses. A 45-minute treatment for $129.
- FarmHouse Fresh® recently introduced their Bourbon Bubbler professional body scrub. The scrub contains coarse brown sugar, Kentucky whiskey and rice bran oil. A 12 oz. jar of the scrub retails for $34 and can be found at spas around the country.
- The Spa at Chateau Elan, Braselton, GA - The 55-minute Chateau Antioxidant Winery Facial is offered for $90, and uses grapes loaded with antioxidants to replenish the skin by smoothing the tissue and stimulating the circulatory system. Their signature treatment the 110-minute Chateau Winery Ritual offered at $250 features a wine bath that infuses the body with grape seed antioxidants and a De-Vine Mudwrap. The wrap combines crushed grapes and French clay to pull out toxins while moisturizing the skin with vitamins E and C.
- VH Spa for Vitality + Health at Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale, AZ - The 90-minute Chardonnay Antioxidant Body Treatment features products made from wine grapes, grape peel and grape seed. The ingredients are full of natural antioxidants that restore vitality to your skin. The treatment begins with a full body Chardonnay sugar scrub followed by a customized massage and finishes with a Chardonnay body butter application all for $185. The spa also offers a Whiskey and Black Pepper Facial for $100 through May 2011. The 60-minute facial features phytomalt, a malt extract from Scotch whiskey, that's full of sugars, minerals and vitamin B6 giving it excellent hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties.
About International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.
Spas are places devoted to overall well-being through a variety of professional services that encourage the renewal of mind, body and spirit.