Mary Tabacchi Scholarship Applications
A selection committee will review applications based on the following requirements.
Student must be enrolled:
- part- or full-time, in a two-or four-year spa-related program, with a demonstrated interest or emphasis in spa management;
- with a minimum of one year completed at a postsecondary educational institution.
- have a minimum GPA (or international equivalent) of 2.75;
- complete a scholarship application, which includes an essay section that describes their skills and qualifications, as well as personal and professional goals;
- submit at least two references, one of which must be from their school advisor, indicating their enrollment status, year in school and emphasis in spa management;
- submit original college transcripts that include evidence of courses taken and GPA (or international equivalent).
ABOUT MARY TABACCHI
Mary H. Tabacchi, Ph.D., R.D., is an associate professor with tenure at the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University. Dr. Tabacchi began teaching at Cornell University in 1972 as a visiting assistant professor in the division of nutritional sciences. Her Ph.D. is in Biochemical Nutrition, Biostatistics. She is a well respected author and researcher, having published numerous papers and books on nutrition, spa and other related subjects, as well as extensive research on the spa industry. Her reach has expanded the globe, through research, education and consulting projects in Europe, Asia and North America. Dr. Tabacchi has served on the International SPA Association Board of Directors, past president of the ISPA Foundation and numerous spa and spa-related advisory boards and committees.